March 19: Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
- The Presidential Agent series, by W.E.B. Griffin. I actually bought this whole series, but I haven’t read any yet–I’m somewhat of a completionist, so when I bought the first one, thought it sounded interesting, and found out that there weren’t that many in the series…I just wanted to buy them all before I started reading them. I have read other things by Griffin, though.
- Coup d’état, by Ben Coes. I was looking for this for a long time, every time I’d go to a bookstore. Then I finally got it almost a year ago, but still haven’t read it.
- The Bob Lee Swagger series, by Stephen Hunter. I read the first book before buying the others, but have only read the second book since having bought them all. I definitely plan to, I just haven’t gotten around to it.
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. Way back when I first started collecting books, this was one of the first that I “had” to have.
- The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Same as Kite Runner.
- The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, by J.R.R. Tolkien. I mean, come on, it’s Tolkien. So every time I’d go to a used bookstore I’d keep an eye out for this. Still haven’t read it, though.
- The BIONICLE Adventures series. Again, I’m a completionist, so when I had read all of the Legends, I just had to get the Adventures and read them. Still haven’t done that yet, but I do now have every book.
- Open Season, by C.J. Box. There was a time when I was actively hunting this down for a while, but it’s been sitting on my shelf for over a year.
- Tom Clancy books. I’ve only read Dead or Alive and later (as well as Patriot Games), but I just had to get all of the old Jack Ryan books too. And I had meant to read them a lot sooner, but…I haven’t.
- The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. Just another of those books that I had to have, but it’s just been sitting on my shelf for a while. I do hope to read it this year, though.