Top Ten Series I’d Like To Start But Haven’t Yet
- Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien. I’m reading it this year, over the summer. I’m not letting myself go another year without doing so. Reasons are obvious. Although technically I guess I’ve started this, but that was years ago.
- Jack Reacher, by Lee Child. I love Vince Flynn and Tom Clancy and Alex Berenson and Ben Coes and Stephen Hunter. As another master of thrillers, I’ve always wanted to read Lee Child’s books. Not to mention the new movie looks fantastic, but I’m waiting to watch it until I read the book.
- Alphabet Mysteries, by Sue Grafton. I love mysteries and I’ve heard Grafton is good. Plus I love the idea of the books named after a letter of the alphabet.
- Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan. After reading A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin, I’ve been craving to read more epic fantasy stories. After LOTR, this is the second fantasy series I want to read most as I’ve heard it’s amazing.
- The Dark Tower, by Stephen King. Really just anything by Stephen King, but I’ve heard this series is good.
- Star Wars, by Various Authors. A lot of people seem to like them, so I want to give them a try.
- Hannibal Lecter, by Thomas Harris. Seems like an awesome(ly dark) character. And also so I can finally see the movie Silence of the Lambs, because I’ve been waiting to read the book.
- Chaos Walking, by Patrick Ness. A Monster Calls is one of my all-time favorite books. It’ll be fun to read some of his other work.
- Lord Peter Wimsey, by Dorothy Sayers. I love classic detective fiction, and Dorothy Sayers is one of the masters. I’m really excited to get all of her books (I only have three, and two short story anthologies, unfortunately) and read them.
- The Presidential Agent, by W.E.B. Griffin. I’ve had this whole series for a while now, so it’s about time I started it.